laurel

Hello boys, girls and what nots,

I'm an old fart that used to maintain 1/3 of the Mandriva Linux distribution back in the day, and other stuff. That was pretty wild!

I've been lurking around here in the background for some years trying to find something useful to do and to contribute with. I tried with maxscale in 2016 but that failed due to a license change. I thought it would be great to break out libinjection from mod_security but then I realized it's pretty much dead.

So, now I found laurel that is not packaged yet (besides debian?). My first ever rust package :-)

My status as an active fedora maintainer surely must have expired by now but maybe I can get a sponsor to help me activate this again and get me going?.

Anyways, the laurel stuff is here: https://repo.nux.se/laurel/

It builds on FC40 and RHEL 9, probably for RHEL 8 as well but I haven't tried that yet. I have probably made a lot of mistakes in the spec file, but consider it as a first take.

I really hope laurel is not needed and it's just a matter of cooking up some some voodoo magic sauce to make it work in your SIEM platform. Please enlighten me if that's the case.

Happy midsummer eve!

--
Regards // The penguin whisperer