Re: Help with packager tools installation/configuration

V Thu, Mar 14, 2024 at 03:02:51PM -0400, Roberto C. Sánchez napsal(a):
> In my case, I am trying to do all of this inside of a docker container:
>
> docker pull fedora:latest
> sudo docker run -t -i fedora:latest /bin/bash
> sudo dnf install -y fedora-packager fedora-review
> fkinit -u <my_fedora_accounts_username>
>
> The only output I get is this:
>
> Enter your password and OTP concatenated. (Ignore that the prompt is for only the token)
> kinit: Invalid UID in persistent keyring name while getting default ccache

Kerberos utils in Fedora by default store the Kerberos ticket into kernel's
keyring. Kernel protects access to the keyring by matching UID of the process
with the owner of the keyring. Since containers isolate a user namespace, the
UID of proccesses inside the container do not match their UID from kernel's
perspective. See <https://blog.tomecek.net/post/kerberos-in-a-container/> for
the keyctl() failure.

Many people "solve" it by reconfiguring the Kerberos utils to save the tickets
into a file instead into a kernel memmory. E.g. with setting KRB5CCNAME
environement variable to "FILE:..." value. (This is the case of the linked
blog.) Or with commenting out default_ccache_name option in the in-container
/etc/krb5.conf configuration file.

Another option is disabling the user naspace isolation of the container.

What the correct, in the sense of using kernel keyring, solution is
I have no idea.

-- Petr