Packaging and installing complex projects

I'm working on packaging a large piece of software which doesn't lend itself naturally to the FHS layout for the installation stage (https://github.com/o3de/o3de), since there are a lot of assumptions baked in about relative paths which would be very difficult to manually patch and maintain. When packaging software like this, what are the best practices to consider? The best compromise I've found is to do something similar to what the Firefox and Libreoffice packages do, which is to install the root project contents into their own directory under /usr/lib/proj, is this something that would be acceptable by Fedora standards when submitting for review?