Re: RPM 4.18.1 released!

On 14. 03. 23 12:27, Michal Domonkos wrote:
This is a bug fix release addressing a number of regressions and other issues.
Highlights include:

     * Preserve packages bit-by-bit when adding and then removing signatures
     * Fix install of block and character special files
     * Disable debuginfod server lookups during package builds
     * Plugin fixes (fapolicyd and selinux)
     * Various OpenPGP and macro parser fixes

Details and download info at

     https://rpm.org/wiki/Releases/4.18.1

Hello.

> Restore BuildRequires check in rpmbuild -bp (regression in 4.15.0)

Does this mean I cannot run rpmbuild -bp (and hence e.g. fedpkg prep in Fedora) without installing all the build dependencies? Or did I understand that wrongly?

> Issue a deprecation warning on %patchN syntax

Is there a timeframe for actual removal? There are ~10k such lines in ~3.3k Fedora Rawhide packages.

> Don’t embed CPU count of build system in packages (#2343)

I worry that the way this was fixed is probably a breaking change. Packages out there use e.g. SPHINXOPTS='%{?_smp_mflags}' (~50 Fedora packages) which will turn into SPHINXOPTS='-j${RPM_BUILD_NCPUS}' which will not work.

--
Miro Hrončok