Need help: Building a package requiring python >= 3.7 on epel8

Good day to you all!

I am still pretty much new at packaging, for fedora or, well, any distro to be frank. I applied to become a co-packager for the lutris package at the beginning of the year and was lucky enough to be co-sponsored and brought on board. Love packaging!

Now, I decided to contribute further by building the package for epel8 and epel9. I have been following the guide on https://docs.fedoraproject.org/en-US/package-maintainers/Package_Maintenance_Guide/, but did not know that doing so does not guarantee installation will be successful (specially if some of the packages set as 'Requires' are not available in the repos.... oops!)

So, with Lutris requiring python 3.7 or higher, I decided to go with 3.8. I've set the spec to use python3.8 (By using the "%global __python3 /usr/bin/python3.8" macro) and specified python3.8 packages as much as possible, as the default python for centos stream/epel8 is 3.6.

Python38-devel installs fine, but 3 subpackages keep failing, mainly python3.8(evdev), python3.8(pygobject) and python3.8(distro). Distro should work with the python38-pip package (if pkgs.org is to be believed) but the other two seem to be a no-go on epel8.

Before we drop that branch, I wanted to post here, to make sure I didn't miss anything.

Thanks for your help!