Re: SO versioning in the spec file

On Mon, Jan 3, 2022 at 7:57 PM Sérgio Basto <sergio@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Mon, 2022-01-03 at 19:30 -0500, Neal Gompa wrote:

> > > There's this section[1] that states that you SHOULD NOT use a glob
> > > for
> > > %files, but it doesn't talk about using a macro.
> > >
> > > [1]
> > > https://docs.fedoraproject.org/en-US/packaging-guidelines/#_listing_shared_library_files
> > >

> > Something I've done in openSUSE and Mageia that might be worth doing
> > in Fedora is a namespaced glob, where the somajor is specified and the
> > sublevels are globbed.
> >
> > You can see an example of this with my fdk-aac-free package in
> > openSUSE here:
> > https://code.opensuse.org/package/fdk-aac-free/blob/4d35a883c89e7569349fc21664d8c5d1a2de6328/f/fdk-aac-free.spec#_87
> >
> > Admittedly, it's a lot easier for me to do it this way in openSUSE and
> > Mageia rather than Fedora since I also need to name the library
> > packages with the somajor in them...
>

> we do this in several packages, one is opencv
> https://src.fedoraproject.org/rpms/opencv/blob/rawhide/f/opencv.spec#_395

That version is not as precise, because you use "%{abi_ver}*" (where
%abi_ver is defined as 4.5), which means that 4.5.1 and 4.51 would
both match, and that's not exactly what you want.

If you do "%{abi_ver}{,.*}", it would match _only_ 4.5 and 4.5.*, so
there's no chance of a bizarre ABI bump slipping through.