Re: Mangling shebangs in text files: How to detect them, bug in the current implementation and possible solutions

On 22. 09. 21 22:48, Steve Grubb wrote:
On Wednesday, September 22, 2021 4:26:49 PM EDT Miro Hrončok wrote:
By chance do you have a pointer to one of those javascript files that is
misidentified? (Or any other for that matter). I'd like to see what's
going on and get a fix in place.

yarnpkg package, %prepped

$ file --mime-type yarn-1.22.10/bin/yarn.js
yarn-1.22.10/bin/yarn.js: application/javascript

application/javascript is, unfortunately, correct. This one is governed by
RFC 4329 which makes it official.

 From all the scan that we've done on fullish installs in the past, there's
only 2 others that you might run across: application/x-elc (lisp) and
application/x-java-applet.

Maybe you just build in logic to workaround these 3 types? application/
javascript is really the only one I can think of that is common.

Yeah, maybe we should just do that. However, that would not cleanup the executable pngs.

--
Miro Hrončok