Re: Licensing question

On Tue, Jun 29, 2021 at 1:09 PM Nicolas FORMICHELLA <stigpro@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hello,

Currently wanting to repakage kicad for EL8 (to propose it to EPEL/RPM
Fusion ultimately), I would like to have a precision about the
liscencing for Fedora packages specfiles, mainly what licences those
are under.
It would really save me a lot of time if I could take the file as a
basis and just adjust what is needed for a port.

Why do you want to repackage it instead of requesting an EPEL8 branch on the existing package in the Fedora repo? Also, KiCad's license is compatible with Fedora (and we already have a Fedora package for version 5.1 of it), so I don't see why RPMFusion needs to be brought into this.

-Ian