golang macros in epel

Hello folks,
I'm trying to fix reg package FTB and I've successfully managed to port the specfile to use golang macros in Rawhide [1].
However, since the package is needed in Fedora infrastructure to run registry server, I would like to make it build in EPEL also. As I can see from scratch builds, golang macros don't exist in epel7 ('%gometa' is not recognized there), while in epel8 they seems to exist, but I get a failure in %prep section [2]:
+ %goprep -ke
/var/tmp/rpm-tmp.Zw57Mq: line 46: fg: no job control

Can anyone give me some advice how to handle that?
Thanks.
Mattia

[1] https://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/taskinfo?taskID=62621577
[2] https://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/taskinfo?taskID=62621583