CMake out-of-source builds

On the web page
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Changes/CMake_to_do_out-of-source_builds
the following text appears:
    Targeted release: Fedora 33

I am testing output of source builds on Fedora 33 using the following command in a SPEC directory
    rpmbuild -ba <package>.spec
where <package> is my package name.

When I run rpmbuild, the soruce code gets upacked in the directory
     BUILD/<package>-<version>
where <version> is the package version, so I am trying the 'out of source build' with the following in the spec file:
    %cmake -S <package>-version -B cmake_dir ..
CMake appears to run correction and output its files in BUILD/cmake_dir.

One problem I am having is that I seem to need to put 'cd cmake_dir' directly after the '%cmake' command or my make command fails ?
I also seem to have to put 'cd cmake_dir' other places ?

Another problem I am having is that an include sub-directory of the source directory <package>-version needs to be installed
while the rest of the installed files are in the build directory cmake_dir.
I am not sure how to indicate this in the %files section of the spec file ?