Re: packaging status for py_provides_macro and ldconfig_scriptlets

Hi Miro,

On Fri, 2020-12-04 at 09:30 +0100, Miro Hrončok wrote:
> On 12/4/20 1:44 AM, Sérgio Basto wrote:
> > Hi,
> > Can we remove %ldconfig_scriptlets and
> > %{?python_provide:%python_provide python3-%{srcname}} from the
> > specs ?
>
> For packages with files and for Fedora 33+, the %python_provide call
> can be
> removed. For packages without files or on Fedora 32 or on EPEL 7/8
> they should
> be replaced with %py_provides (although not worth doing it in mass).
> This is
> documented at
> https://docs.fedoraproject.org/en-US/packaging-guidelines/Python/#_the_py_provides_macro

Thank you for clarifications , I read #_the_py_provides_macro before
writing this email :)

And I would change wiki to this sentence ... , IMO is more clear .

> The %ldconfig_scriptlets macro can be removed on all Fedoras.
> Possibly also on
> EPEL 8. But it is required on EPEL 7.

OK, as I suggest, I think we should have a page dedicate to what is not
need anymore .

> > The new documentation of packaging guidelines is very cool [1], I'd
> > like to suggest a section for scriptlets that can be removed fro
> > spec
> > files and documentation since when, also if, inform how to deal
> > with
> > epel 7 and 8 version, even better .
>
> The guidelines are for Fedora, not EPEL. If you want, you can
> create/update a
> page in the EPEL guidelines, those are free-to-edit wiki:
>
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/EPEL:Packaging#Scriptlets

Is not about an epel 7 specific , is about how maintain a package since
epel 7 to rawhide .

Thank you.
--
Sérgio M. B.