Re: Is acceptable to package non-bootable kernels?

> I was wondering if packaging non-bootable kernels (that is, kernels is
> a binary format that's not accepted by a conventional boot loader)
> would be accepted for packaging.

I would say the answer is basically "ask the kernel folks".  The
restrictions on packaging kernels were added to make the lives of the
kernel folks easier (and at their request, many years ago).  If they
have no problem with packaging these kernels then the packaging
committee won't have any problem with it, either.

 - J<