Odd problem with obsoletes in EPEL8

Hello,

I'm having a problem I don't understand how to fix, and I would appreciate some guidance.  I'm maintaining nagios-plugins, which bundles a number of different "check" plugins and has some metapackages that include different subsets of those check plugins.

In the EL 8.2 release cycle, one of the dependencies of one of those plugins was moved from EPEL into EL proper, which broke new installs of that plugin and the -all metapackage.  A user filed a bug, so as a temporary workaround, I stopped building the plugin package with that dependency (nagios-plugins-ssl_validity, and had that version (nagios-plugins-2.3.3-3) obsolete the ssl_validity plugin, since leaving it around caused it to want to keep the base package in conflict with other packages that were upgrading.

Now that CentOS 8.2 is released, and the dependency is available, I've issued an update (https://bodhi.fedoraproject.org/updates/FEDORA-EPEL-2020-70bcfe5382) that builds ssl_validity again, and also adds it back to the -all subpackage.  I can upgrade it sucessfully (which installs the ssl_validity plugin again, as expected), but subsequent calls to dnf upgrade give this error:

Obsoleting Packages
nagios-plugins.x86_64                          2.3.3-3.el8 epel
    nagios-plugins-ssl_validity.x86_64         2.3.3-4.el8 @epel-testing

nagios-plugins 2.3.3-3 is not installed anymore, and there are no explicit Obsoletes: in the ssl_validity package.  I'm not sure what needs to be done here, but whatever it is I'm willing to make the change.  Also wondering if this is expected behavior.

Thanks,

Marty