Re: IPython-like RPM Lua interactive console

Le samedi 23 mai 2020 à 11:13 +0200, Miro Hrončok a écrit :
> On 23. 05. 20 2:26, Michel Alexandre Salim wrote:
> > On 5/14/20 9:22 AM, Miro Hrončok wrote:
> > > Sharing this in case others find it useful. There is a way to
> > > have
> > > IPython-like RPM Lua interactive console for easier debugging of
> > > RPM Lua:
> > >
> > > https://eng.hroncok.cz/2020/05/14/ilua-rpm-console
> > >
> > Neat! Would it make sense to have it shipped as part of, say,
> > fedora-packager?
>
> I don't think everybody would benefit from this.
>
> I'll try to get upstream-supported `rpmlua` command instead of my
> private-API
> ctypes Python script. We can ship that one with fedora-packager.

Thanks a lot for sharing this! I totally understand the pain of working
with a non-rpm lua console, or rpmspec forcing you to guess its parsing
state when it hits an error, and refuses to output anything but the
error

If you continue writing rpm lua code you may be interested in
https://src.fedoraproject.org/rpms/redhat-rpm-config/pull-request/83

the read and readflag primitives in there mesh better with lua
conditionals, than a basic rpm.expand().

Ragards,

--
Nicolas Mailhot