Help with Nagios/NRPE: SELinux considerations

Hello,

I recently adopted nagios and nrpe packages (also nagios-plugins); but nagios and nrpe are my chief concerns at the moment.

I'm working on getting the released fedoras and epel 7/8 level on 4.4.5.  There are a number of open bugs due to SELinux denials. There's a memory leak in 4.4.3 in epel7 that I think needs to be addressed.

There was an open PR in the nagios package, which I accepted and have been trying to deploy.  It also kind of bridges into nrpe, which I kind-of suggested and am now thinking I should not have.

I'm not really clear on how executables get their contexts.  The patch defines a nrpe_etc_t type, but how does that get associated with the nrpe binary?  Can it have multiple contexts and if so how?

I'm relatively new to this level of RPM packaging, but excited to learn how to deal with these kinds of concerns and wanting to provide a great nagios experience in the ecosystem.

Thanks in advance for any pointers or advice!

Marty