Re: Packaging of Ansible collections

On Sun, Feb 9, 2020 at 4:59 AM Igor Gnatenko
<ignatenkobrain@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Did anybody had an experience of packaging Ansible collections into an RPM?
>
> I guess if would be enough to put the files somewhere under /usr/share/ansible, but not sure. Also I'm not sure what download URL could be used.

It's.... a problem. Most published ansible layouts rely on local
tuning of the upstream, "reference" cookbook. Even the awx build tools
rely on an internal, local playbook to set up an ansible server in a
docker container for the "docker compose" based setups. It's not
really *friendly* to modular, static playbook setups like RPM
deployments on the ansible server.