Re: Request for feedback: %pycached macro for %files section

On 12. 12. 19 16:46, Vít Ondruch wrote:

Dne 12. 12. 19 v 16:42 Miro Hrončok napsal(a):
On 12. 12. 19 16:36, Vít Ondruch wrote:
I am against this. The *.py files should go to -src subpackage and
should not be installed on my computer, because if I am not mistaken,
they are useless when the *.pyc files are installed.

The macro doesn't change the way we distribute files, it merely makes
the status quo easier for packagers.

It doesn't in any way interfere to your proposal. Yet you are against
this. That's not helpful feedback.

I am against, because it makes any transition to -src subpackages harder
by cementing the status quo. And I am trying to focus you on something
more valuable IMO.

Cementing how? In fact, it makes it easier to modify the macro later to do something different (for example excluding the source and keeping the bytecode only), not possible in what we currently have (hardcoded bytecode path globs in every spec that needs it).

--
Miro Hrončok