Re: Should %license always be installed in /usr/share/licenses?

MH> Should %license always be specified relative and installed to
MH> /usr/share/licenses like this:

MH>     %license LICENSE

MH> Or is it totally OK to specify it absolutely like this:

MH>     %license %{_whatnot}/%{name}/LICENSE

As far as I understand things, both are quite OK.  If the upstream build
system actually installs the license file as part of %make_install then
you would certainly mark that instead of making another copy.  Otherwise
you could use the first form.  I know of no requirement that the license
files actually be placed in %_licensedir.

 - J<