How to handle a forked project

Hello

What is the policy for handling a forked upstream project where the
fork seems much more alive then the original?

I'm the (mostly idle) maintainer of the Azureus/Vuze[1] bittorrent
client. The original Azureus/Vuze project has gone mostly idle without
any new releases in more then a year. The code however has been forked,
by the original lead developers, as BiglyBT[2]. And this fork seem to
be live and under active development.

So now my question is, what is the procedure for switching the code
base for the Fedora package from Vuze to BiglyBT?
Do I just switch the tar-ball in the azureus package repo and add an
"obsoletes" statement in the spec-file?
Can I change the name of the source rpm?
Can the name of the entire package (including the package git repo and
bugzilla entry) be changed?

Advice are welcome!

[1]
http://www.vuze.com/