Re: obsolete JavaScript packaging guidelines

Sorry, but this completely miss the point and unfortunately your view is quite limited.

For example, we have rubygem-uglifier, rubygem-jquery-rails, rubygem-coffee-script etc, which originally bundles JS libraries, but thanks to js-* counterparts, we were able unbundle them. If we have not unbundled them yet, it is typically because nobody bothered to follow the guidelines and provide the correct js- packages.

V.