Re: Could not execute mockbuild for epel7

Dne 8.1.2018 v 09:00 Mattias Ellert napsal(a):
> For me building in mock for EPEL works fine without yum and yum-utils.
> I use dnf-yum and dnf-utils instead and it works fine. I know this is
> not the way that is recommended since dnf-yum and dnf-utils uses dnf to
> re-implement /usr/bin/yum and /usr/bin/yum-builddep, so they could
> potentially give different results in some cases. But with the
> introduction of the bootstrap changeroot, only the bootstrap changeroot
> is created using these dnf based tools. The proper build changeroot is
> created inside the bootstrap changeroot which has the proper yum
> version from RHEL, so the risk for mishaps is smaller now.
>
> There used to be a bug in mock that prevented this from working out of
> the box (it needed a small edit to one of mock's python files), but it
> was fixed in the latest mock update (1.4.8).

Yes. The bootstrap solve those problems. For those who does not follow mock development see:

https://github.com/rpm-software-management/mock/wiki/Release-Notes-1.4.1#bootstrap-chroot

But because too many bugs related to bootstrap (plugins, custom changes) it is disabled by default now. So you have to:

config_opts['use_bootstrap_container'] = True

If you do not have too much customization to your default config it will work.

Mirek