Re: Could not execute mockbuild for epel7

sön 2018-01-07 klockan 12:05 +0000 skrev Paul Howarth:

> I don't really want to uninstall dnf-utils.

Hi!

For me building in mock for EPEL works fine without yum and yum-utils.
I use dnf-yum and dnf-utils instead and it works fine. I know this is
not the way that is recommended since dnf-yum and dnf-utils uses dnf to
re-implement /usr/bin/yum and /usr/bin/yum-builddep, so they could
potentially give different results in some cases. But with the
introduction of the bootstrap changeroot, only the bootstrap changeroot
is created using these dnf based tools. The proper build changeroot is
created inside the bootstrap changeroot which has the proper yum
version from RHEL, so the risk for mishaps is smaller now.

There used to be a bug in mock that prevented this from working out of
the box (it needed a small edit to one of mock's python files), but it
was fixed in the latest mock update (1.4.8).

# dnf list dnf dnf-utils dnf-yum yum yum-utils mock
Last metadata expiration check: 0:48:17 ago on Mon Jan  8 08:07:29 2018.
Installed Packages
dnf.noarch                          2.7.5-2.fc27                        @updates
dnf-utils.noarch                    2.1.5-1.fc27                        @fedora
dnf-yum.noarch                      2.7.5-2.fc27                        @updates
mock.noarch                         1.4.8-1.fc27                        @updates
Available Packages
yum.noarch                          3.4.3-513.fc27                      fedora
yum-utils.noarch                    1.1.31-513.fc27                     fedora

	Mattias