Re: Proposed Fedora packaging guideline: Forge-hosted projects packaging automation

De: "Matthew Miller"

Hi

> Could open-source solutions pagure.io and gitlab.com be added, please?

Since I'm a nice person I added GitLab support this morning (both gitlab.com and hosted gitlab). Releases are clearly an afterthought in GitLab, they depend on free-form tags and can't be used in rpm without knowing the corresponding hash (so worst-case, packaging a GitLab release requires declaration of version + tag + commit and not just version as on other forges).

As far as I've seen pagure.io does not allow direct download of release, tag or commit project archives, so it can not be supported right now.
RFE: https://pagure.io/pagure/issue/2845

Regards,

--
Nicolas Mailhot