Re: Proposed Fedora packaging guideline: Forge-hosted projects packaging automation

De: "Matthew Miller"
On Fri, Dec 08, 2017 at 07:03:48PM +0100, nicolas.mailhot@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
>> I am proposing for inclusion a macro set aimed at automating the packaging of forge-hosted projects.

> Also, is "forge" synonymous with "git hosting service" as used here?

Here a "forge" is pretty much anything that allows access to version/commit/tag archives on normalized paths, that can be deduced from project root URL on the "forge" + version/commit/tag/scm info.

>> What's currently implemented: definitions for github.com and code.googlesource.com

> Could open-source solutions pagure.io and gitlab.com be added, please?

Well I currently do not use those, so I wouldn't know what definitions to add :)

It takes maximum 5 min, for someone who knows the structure of a "forge" to add it to the macro, it's just a copy of an existing "if (forge == something) then" block, adaptation of the lua regexps to extract the correct variables from the URL path, and then use of the result in the inner if tag/version/commit block to set rpm variables

The hard part was to define a generic macro structure, with a packager-friendly API, sane rpm variable names, reasonable rule ordering and error handling.

Regards,

--
Nicolas Mailhot