Re: Package Cleanup Service

Le samedi 09 septembre 2017 à 13:07 -0400, Ben Rosser a écrit :
> Perhaps a more automated way to check would be to have a script that
> checks for certain deprecated syntax in a RPM spec?
>
> For example, I imagine specs with a "defattr" in their files section
> likely need to be cleaned up. Or a Group tag. Or no %license macro.
> This suggests that the package probably needs to be modernized and may
> have other things that need to be cleaned up.
>
> Ben Rosser

Maybe the rpmlint command could help detect some deprecated syntaxes ? It doesn't check for missing %license macros and such, but does check for Group tags for
example.
On a side note, what's wrong with using "defattr" in %files ? I've never seen anything wrong with it up until now...
--
Laurent Tréguier <laurent@xxxxxxxxxxxx>