Re: Package Cleanup Service

On Sat, Sep 9, 2017 at 3:41 AM, Igor Gnatenko
<ignatenkobrain@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> As a casual/moderate Fedora packager, how do I know if my packages
>> need
>> cleanup? Possibly if I thought there were problems I would have done
>> it
>> already. Is there some sort of quick check people can run on their
>> own
>> packages to even know if they might be candidates to ask for help?
> That's great question! I would say like "if you don't know how your
> spec works, it feels messy, hard to understand -- it needs cleanup" 😉

Perhaps a more automated way to check would be to have a script that
checks for certain deprecated syntax in a RPM spec?

For example, I imagine specs with a "defattr" in their files section
likely need to be cleaned up. Or a Group tag. Or no %license macro.
This suggests that the package probably needs to be modernized and may
have other things that need to be cleaned up.

Ben Rosser