Re: Broken dependencies: vim-syntastic

On Wednesday, September 21, 2016 12:55:48 PM CET Jason L Tibbitts III wrote:
> First off, the guidelines have:
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging:Guidelines#Noarch_with_unported_dependencies
>
> I've been assuming that you're talking about the BuildRequires: case.
> If you're just talking about the case where you can build it anywhere
> because you're just copying files around, but it just won't install,
> then you can try doing the noarch/ExclusiveArch: trick.  To be fair, I
> have no idea if it still works; I recall that some people really didn't
> like it.  Of course if it doesn't work then I'll remove that bit from
> the guidelines.  I've sent out a couple of questions to folks who should
> know better than I.

To close this for fedora-devel too, the ExclusiveArch trick probably
doesn't work at least in my case [1] because:

  - I set ExclusiveArch for set of sub-packages only
  - I've added 'noarch' into ExclusiveArch, because of the bug 1298668
    Orion mentioned.

Can this be somehow reflected in guidelines [2]?  I don't really know how,
but at least in case of vim-syntastic -> I'm against adding ExclusiveArch
into vim-syntastic (that means if single _sub_package doesn't work on say
aarch64, every other sub-package will be excluded from aarch64).

[1] https://pagure.io/pungi-fedora/issue/87
[2] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging:Guidelines

Pavel