Re: exploring a crazy (?) idea: /opt/fedora/apps for some applications?

>> * Do you allow multiple versions?  How does that change the above three
>>   answers?  How does ordering work in that case?  How do you decide
>>   which version is the "main" one, which gets /usr/bin/libreoffice,
>>   etc.?
>
> I think allowing multiple versions would be a nice side-effect, but we
> *could* say that if you need that, use the Flatpak versions. Maybe the
> alternatives system could be used to moderate which version owns the
> shared bin link.

Don't forget that there is already a process for doing this sort of
thing (multiple versions) using environment modules
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackagingDrafts/EnvironmentModules

($dayjob does this wth various compilers / libraries)