Re: exploring a crazy (?) idea: /opt/fedora/apps for some applications?

MM> Ha. I've looked at the regular redhat-rpm-config macros so I'm
MM> partially-innoculated. But generally, doing... creative... things
MM> there is better than putting more complication in each spec file.

I've been spending a lot of time in there and in RPM macro stuff in
general, doing things far worse than this.  So if there are specific
needs, we can try to come up with something.  I note with trepidation
that Red Hat already did something a bit like this with SCLs, but I
wouldn't recommend using those macros as any kind of an example.

And, you know, maybe someone (who knows or cares a lot more than I do)
could look back at relocatable RPMs and what the issues were there.
That was all a big "do not use" by the time I got involved so I can't
really say anything about them.

 - J<