Using helper-scripts below /usr/lib{32,64} in noarch-packages

I'm interested in taking over firehol, which was orphaned recently due
to unresponsive maintainer.
It has a new version and the first thing would be to update the package
in rawhide.
Firehol is a noarch-package of shell-scripts and systemd service-files.
The new version uses a bash-script for two scripts, which is located
in /usr/lib{23,64}/firehol/ .
Similar is done by the firewalld-package, nevertheless, I did not find
anything in the guidelines about this.
Is it the correct way to handle this, or should the shell-script
probably be moved to another directory (/usr/libexec ?) ?

Jens