Re: spec Source for sourceforge.net git snapshots

On Sun, Mar 13, 2016 at 9:15 PM, David Timms <dtimms@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi, I've worked out what seemed to be a correct URL for for rakarrack
> spec, now that it is accessed via git within the sf website:
>
> I couldn't work out how to fit the sourceforce git URLs from:
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging:SourceURL#Sourceforge.net
> or
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging:SourceURL#Git_Hosting_Services
>
> to suit. Any ideas for a standard way to handle sf git snapshots ?

Move them to github. Seriously. Sourceforge has been playing various
games to avoid accessing content without going through their
adveritising functions since they were first founded, and I've found
no reason to work with any project hosted there since.....  checking
old notes, not since 2009.

> Is the provided URL (which goes stale quickly, yet is re-generate-able) OK ?

If it goes stale quickly, I'd consider it useless. Git was not
designed to support magical dancing URL's, that kind of instability
takes actual planning and work to inflict on the software repository
and on its users..