[Fedora-packaging] Re: advice on packaging name for MetricsGrimoire MailingListStats

On Thu, Jan 21, 2016 at 10:05 AM, Matthew Miller
<mattdm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I'm interested in packaging up a mailing list statistics program from
> the MetricsGrimoire project.
>
> The tarball is named
>
>   MetricsGrimoire-MailingListStats-0.4.2-64-gb0664d1.tar.gz
>
> which suggests "MetricsGrimoire-MailingListStats" as the package name.
> That's pretty unwieldy though. Another option might be just
> MailingListStats. But then, the docs refer to "MLStats", and the
> primary program is "mlstats".
>
> So....
>
>  * MetricsGrimoire-MailingListStats
>  * MailingListStats
>  * MLStats
>  * mlstats
>
> ?
>
> I've reread the naming guidelines and... yeah, judgement call. I'm kind
> of inclined to go with mlstats for brevity and lower-case aesthetic
> considerations.  Opinions?

That... is a ridiculously inconsistent package. I'd personally go with
mlstats. Unless I hate the people using them, then maybe I'll choose
any of the three other options. :P