a new packaging guideline for skip-release upgrading

Hello,

some time ago I proposed that we officially embrace skip-release upgrading when skipping a single release (e.g. F21->F23 directly, but not F21->F24). In has been discussed in this thread:
https://lists.fedoraproject.org/archives/list/test%40lists.fedoraproject.org/thread/ANF2WSTHM7EEFL3KOD2EVYSKMOMDRDWP/

We gained support from QA team, system-upgrade maintainer and gnome-software maintainers. We are preparing to put new test cases and release criteria into place. However, it was proposed that we also cover this in packaging guidelines, so that it's clear even from package maintainer standpoint that this is something we want to officially support and our packages should support it. (Up until now, I felt that skip-release upgrades were never officially embraced nor discouraged, so that it was kind of a gray area with undefined behavior).

I wanted to draft up an FPC ticket and propose adding something like this into the packaging guidelines:
" It must be possible to upgrade from the latest stable version of a package in Fedora N release to the latest stable version of the package in Fedora N+2 release directly (i.e. skipping Fedora N+1 package version). All package dependencies and other metadata must be prepared for direct N -> N+2 upgrades. "

But when looking into our packaging guidelines [1], I can't find a section which this would fit into. Truth be told, I can't even find any requirement that packages must be able to perform standard N -> N+1 upgrades. There's no definition of upgrade path in there either, even though we have a Taskotron check that checks that for all proposed updates.

Have I missed something? Would it make sense to create a new section for the proposed guideline on the main packaging guidelines wiki page, or is it better to have it appended to some existing section (which one)? When doing this, should we also add the basic definition of upgrade path and standard N -> N+1 upgrading, or is it considered "obvious"? And do you have any comments, concerns or definition improvements for the new proposed guideline?

Thank you,
Kamil

[1] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging:Guidelines