Re: Darktable and Rawspeed

Hi,

On Friday, 10 July 2015 at 09:35, Germano Massullo wrote:
> Hi, I am Caterpillar, yesterday we were speaking about Darktable and
> Rawspeed on Freenode.
> I have a question: if Darktable's Rawspeed fork will be accepted to be
> included in Fedora's repos, would it be possible to call it
> "darktable-rawspeed" to distinguish and divide it from upstream Rawspeed?

Well, ideally there should be just one canonical version of Rawspeed and
it should come from the canonical upstream. Using a fork is allowed if
original upstream is dead or unresponsive to bug reports, if it's
compatible and if other projects have switched to it as well.

I have provided some comments in your issue report on rawspeed's github:
https://github.com/klauspost/rawspeed/issues/109

Could you please do the same in your report on darktable's redmine? I
don't have an account there.
http://redmine.darktable.org/issues/10582

Regards,
Dominik