Re: Merging 2 packages

On 04/04/2015 02:59 PM, Scott Talbert wrote:
Hi,

I have two packages that I maintain that both use the same upstream
tarball.  I'm not sure about the history behind why this was setup this
way, but I assume it was so that one could be updated without having to
update the other.  This happens so rarely that I don't think it is
really worth the effort of maintaining two separate packages (and
dealing with buildroot overrides, submitting synchronized updates,
etc.)  Thus, I am thinking about merging them.  Is this really just as
simple as having spec A build spec B's packages and then retire source
package B?

Thanks,
Scott

Yes. But if perhaps you mentioned what packages these are, someone might remember why this was done this way and might comment on the specifics.

--
Orion Poplawski
3380 Mitchell Lane                  orion@xxxxxxxxxxxxx