Merging 2 packages

Hi,

I have two packages that I maintain that both use the same upstream tarball. I'm not sure about the history behind why this was setup this way, but I assume it was so that one could be updated without having to update the other. This happens so rarely that I don't think it is really worth the effort of maintaining two separate packages (and dealing with buildroot overrides, submitting synchronized updates, etc.) Thus, I am thinking about merging them. Is this really just as simple as having spec A build spec B's packages and then retire source package B?

Thanks,
Scott