Re: Source0 for github ?

On 22/09/14 13:48, Tom Hughes wrote:
On 22/09/14 12:58, Jeff Backus wrote:

    interesting, I used a different commit id today and it works.
    However if I use the instructions on the page to get the right commit
    it doesn't.

    Ie if I use git rev-parse $TAG I get a commit id which will not work
    when substituted above. Intead if I do git log -1 $TAG and use the
    commit id of the tagged commit it works.
    I wonder if the instructions have always been wrong or if they change
    something subtler in github and now only the tag ids do not work
    anymore ...

Hi Simo,

Interesting. I can't speak to the use of get rev-parse vs. git log since
I always grabbed the commit hash from the webpage (I know, I know, I'll
hand in my l33t h4x0r card next meeting, I swear).

The git rev-parse command is giving you the ID of the tag, not the ID of
the commit that the tag points at.

Specifically this happens because it is an annotated tag, which is a first class object with a creation date, author, comment and optional gpg signature.

With a simple tag the rev-parse thing would work.

Tom

--
Tom Hughes (tom@xxxxxxxxxx)
http://compton.nu/