Re: Source0 for github ?

On Sun, 21 Sep 2014 18:08:51 -0400
Jeff Backus <jeff.backus@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Fri, Sep 19, 2014 at 03:57:26PM -0400, Simo Sorce wrote:
> >On Thu, 18 Sep 2014 21:37:39 -0600
> >Orion Poplawski <orion@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> >> Has anyone talked to github about it?
> >>

> >I have no contacts there and just looking for guidance.
> >
> >Simo.
> >

> Hi Simo,
>
> Yesterday afternoon, the first form works for me. Verified again
> today. Actually, first time I tried it yesterday it didn't work, but
> then started working. So maybe one of the fine folks at GitHub fixed
> it yesterday? Dunno. Maybe give it another try?
>
> Regards,
> Jeff

Jeff,
interesting, I used a different commit id today and it works.
However if I use the instructions on the page to get the right commit
it doesn't.

Ie if I use git rev-parse $TAG I get a commit id which will not work
when substituted above. Intead if I do git log -1 $TAG and use the
commit id of the tagged commit it works.
I wonder if the instructions have always been wrong or if they change
something subtler in github and now only the tag ids do not work
anymore ...

Simo.

--
Simo Sorce * Red Hat, Inc * New York