Is there any legal barrier for packaging Popcorn Time for Fedora?

Hi,

I'm sure many of you are aware of the fact that Popcorn Time has been resurrected and forked into two separate projects. The software itself (here I'm referring get-popcorn.com version) is entirely free and open-source (GPLv3) and it has become so popular that I think we should consider adding it to the official fedora repos. Debian considered adding the original version to their repos but when the development got discontinued they abandoned the idea. Now that the project has been forked and development continued I think there is a high possibility that it may end up there soon.

The software may or may not be legal depending on the place you live and I was wondering if this could be a barrier for getting Popcorn TIme accepted into official fedora repos. Please let me know what you think.

Best,
James Abtahi
FAS: jam3s