Re: go guidelines draft submitted

The guideline says

"Fedora's debuginfo system currently does not work on Go binaries.
Additionally, stripped binaries may cause crashes and are officially
not supported. Therefore, do not strip binaries and use

%global debug_package   %{nil}"

but it doesn't say how to prevent stripping. I think you probably want to add a

%global __os_install_post %nil

to the guideline, no?

By default %__os_install_post is:

    /usr/lib/rpm/redhat/brp-compress
    /usr/lib/rpm/redhat/brp-strip /usr/bin/strip
    /usr/lib/rpm/redhat/brp-strip-comment-note /usr/bin/strip /usr/bin/objdump
     /usr/lib/rpm/redhat/brp-strip-static-archive /usr/bin/strip
    /usr/lib/rpm/brp-python-bytecompile /usr/bin/python 1
    /usr/lib/rpm/redhat/brp-python-hardlink
    /usr/lib/rpm/redhat/brp-java-repack-jars

and there's probably no need to keep the python and java scripts for
the go packages. But perhaps there's a cleaner way.

Cheers,
Jonathan.