Avoid an embedded font in a package

Hi,

while packaging the SDL game hex-a-hop [1], I stumbled upon an embedded font
which is already in Fedora. It is Liberation Serif.

What to do in this case? I would remove the embedded file and create a symlink
from the liberation-fonts package to hex-a-hop, but this would cause a
dangling symlink. Another solution would be to tell the configure script which
font file should be used, but I have't found the solution yet.

[1] https://sourceforge.net/projects/hexahop/

Best Regards,
Mario