Re: SCL discussion at yesterday's meeting, easy stuff

Matthew Miller (mattdm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx) said:
> On Fri, Nov 01, 2013 at 03:43:51PM -0400, Bill Nottingham wrote:
> > Ngggh. If the point is to have a stack that lives outside of the OS... then
> > it should *live outside of the OS*, not be grafted into a subpoint of the
> > OS. (IOW, I disagree.)
>
> That's interesting -- to me, this is exactly why the package name prefix
> makes sense and I see the filesystem location as less important.

While Fedora is not necessarily 'enterprise' in all its senses, I've seen
many enterprises that take 'outside of the OS' to imply 'stored in different
locations, on shared storage, on the network'. A location under /opt makes
this simpler than a location that would live directly under /usr, and would
match other third-party software possibly managed in that way.

Bill