SCL discussion at yesterday's meeting, Filesystem location part 2

In addition to the straw poll on /usr vs /opt we also noted that no matter
whether /usr or /opt was used, config files would still need to be placed
somewhere under /etc and state files somewhere under /var.  At the meeting
we decided that /$dir/scl/$scl_name subdirs would be preferable to renaming
individual config files (see the meeting log for raionale).  We discussed
something like this:

* /etc/scl/$scl_name
  * It was noted that an /etc/scl is alread a directory for scl-utils.  I'm
    unsure if we should simply reuse that directory, have a subdirectory of
    that, or use a different subdirectory name in /etc/.
* /var/lib/scl/$scl_name (at the meeting we discussed /var/scl but I think
  is more FHS consistent and has the same impact)
  * This would contain a filsystem tree similar to /var/ with the exception
    of /var/log
* /var/log/scl/$scl_name
  * This is not set in stone but we tentatively thought that sysadmins would
    be very thankful if we made sure log files continued to land in /var/log
    instead of making them hunt for them in a bunch of different
    /var/lib/scl/$scl_name/log/ trees.

I don't see any oher way around doing this as the needs of config files and
state files pretty means they have to live under those directory trees but
I'm sending this as a separate email as it does involve a change from what
current scls are doing so people might want to discuss this separately from
the "easy decisions" made yesterday.

-Toshio