Is "Requires: X-debuginfo" allowed?

Hi,

I'm author and maintainer of newly packaged package called httpdtap. It uses SystemTap scripts to get some debug data from running httpd webserver. To work correctly, it needs various debuginfo packages (httpd-debuginfo, apr-debuginfo, ...) installed on the system.

I thought dependency on -debuginfo is not a problem, but after I built this package for rawhide, I have started receiving emails about broken dependencies.

My question is: Are -debuginfo dependencies allowed and if not, what to do in my case when they are needed for the package to work (the package is useless without httpd debuginfo packages installed)?

Regards,
Jan Kaluza