guidelines for go?

I've been asked to help package / review a project written in Go. Since the
language is new, we don't have packaging guidelines (unless I've missed
them!), and I'm a Go newbie myself, so I'm left with some questions.

The first question I have is over the location of packages -- the library
modules. The ones that are part of golang are under
%{_libdir}/golang/src/pkg. Should third-party packages go alongside, or
% elsewhere?

Also it appears that Go programs compiled with the canonical golang are
statically linked
(http://golang.org/doc/faq#Why_is_my_trivial_program_such_a_large_binary).
Gccgo supports dynamic linking, but I'm not sure about compatibility issues.

--
Matthew Miller  ☁☁☁  Fedora Cloud Architect  ☁☁☁  <mattdm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>