Re: SPEC files with scl_prefix macro in Fedora

Le 02/08/2013 09:32, Lukas Zapletal a écrit :
> Hello,

> The only issue is we need to keep our SCL macros (maily scl_prefix and
> few others) in our packages, because as you can see [1] it is pretty
> inconvenient to maintain those as a separate branches or patch sets (the
> scl_prefix is spread all over the SPEC file causing lots of conflicts).

Explained here :
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging:Guidelines#Software_Collection_Macros

So this is acceptable.

I also have some of my spec adapted for SCL in rawhide, because the
changes are quite minor. Mostly because I don't want to loose my work.

I hope we'll be able in the (near) future to build packages in EPEL
for/using RHSCL. In this case, the SCL will be in a specific branch (and
the fedora spec will be clean for more legibility).

Remember, there is no rule to use the same spec in all branches ;)

Remi.