Re: Static UIDs and GIDs

On 04/11/2013 06:57 PM, Toshio Kuratomi wrote:
We (the FPC) would love to have feedback on the draft and comments to help
iron out issues that it may cause.

Based on experience storing system related uid's and gid's in ldap is a bad idea ( what happens if you cant reach your ldap ) and I would argue bad practice and we should rather keep them static and try to unite them between varios *nixes instead.

What purpose and how useful will /etc/services be with this change?

JBG