Re: Provides for unversioned so files

SO> I came upon this when runnning fedora-review on this package. Now I
SO> am wondering: Is this a packaging problem in bind-dyndb-ldap
SO> (i.e. it has provides for private shared unversioned library) or is
SO> it OK? The so file is outside ldpath so that's not an issue.

I would definitely filter it if building for a release new enough to
have the filtering setup that can handle archful packages (which at this
point is any Fedora release).

These still haven't made it into any guidelines, though.  At least
there's now some documentation at
http://rpm.org/wiki/PackagerDocs/DependencyGenerator

 - J<