Re: Other people modifying specfiles...

Darryl L. Pierce píše v Po 20. 08. 2012 v 08:45 -0400:
> I've a question/issue.
>
> This morning I came into work to find that one of my packages had been
> updated by someone other than myself or anybody on my team. Several
> changes were made on two branches (F18 and master) without the person so
> much as notifying me in advance or even asking me if it was okay.
>
> What is the proper way of handling this? I would much prefer that even
> proven packagers just taking it upon themselves to update packages
> without at least having the courtesy of notifying the package maintainer
> first.
>
> Not a territorial thing, but I would like to at least have some notice
> before someone is going to arbitrarily change a package for which I'm
> responsible.

the maintainers of secondary arches are usually touching all packages in
the cases when the primary arch is not influenced, for larger changes
bugs are being open, for situation between it depends. The nature of
secondary arches when they are always catching the primary arch require
the ability to fix their build issues quickly.

Dan aka Fedora/s390x maintainer