Re: Other people modifying specfiles...

On 08/20/2012 07:45 AM, Darryl L. Pierce wrote:
What is the proper way of handling this? I would much prefer that even
proven packagers just taking it upon themselves to update packages
without at least having the courtesy of notifying the package maintainer
first.

Probably more of a fedora-devel type issue, but at that point the main thing to do is to simply ask the person(s) responsible for such commits to explain themselves.

that said, personally, as long as the commits weren't wrong or break anything, I'd welcome it in general. else we risk slower development if the expectation is always to wait for confirmation or feedback on everything.

-- rex